National Apricot Day!
Today is National Apricot Day.
Our Winter Pudding is Apricot Sticky Toffee Pudding with Pecan Toffee Sauce.
Apricot Sticky Toffee Pudding with Pecan Sauce
- 300g chopped apricots
- 200g plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 120ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 120g butter
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 250ml double cream
Preheat oven to 170C
- Mix sifted flour and baking powder with sugar.
- Separately whisk milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter until frothy.
- Add to the flour and mix until combined to a smooth batter, then add chopped apricots.
- Bake in a 16x10cm baking dish for 20 to 30 minutes depending on oven.
- It is ready when knife comes out of the middle clean
For the toffee sauce:
Melt butter in a pan then add pecan nuts and brown sugar until caramelized.
- Add cream and reduce by half until sauce is thick and brown.