Smoked Haddock & Welsh Rarebit
We stole this idea from a chef who stole his idea from James Martin. And so it goes.
We’re doing it with mustard sauce and razor clams.
Here’s a recipe…
Smoked haddock and Welsh Rarebit
With spinach, garlic buttered razor clam and clapshot
- ¼ pt milk
- ½ lb grated Welsh cheddar cheese
- 1 drop Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tbsp English mustard
- Small handful of breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of paprika
Place the milk and cheese in a pan and bring to the boil until the cheese has melted.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and English mustard.
- Beat the flour and egg until smooth, then add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Beat until smooth.
Poached Smoked Haddock
4 x 6oz portions of dyed smoked haddock
- Poach the haddock for 5 – 6 minutes in a mixture of milk, seasoning and water
1pt double cream
- fish stock cube
- 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
Reduce the cream down then whisk in the fish stock cube.
- Add mustard and cook until slightly thick
Putting it together
Cover each piece of haddock with the rarebit mix.
- Place under the grill and glaze until golden brown.
- Drizzle mustard sauce over and around plate.
Grill in shell with butter, garlic. As they open add chopped spinach inside the shell
Half potato mash/ half turnip mash, with spring onions and butter.
Microwave to order.