As of July 2013, Surgeons Hall’s Commercial Division ceased operation at Café Lucia situated in Festival Theatre.
We will however, have another outlet opening shortly, and do continue to use the Festival Theatre as an events space.
Cafe Lucia is situated in Festival Theatre on Nicolson St and open for food 12-3pm 6 days a week, plus on all show evenings except Sundays.
The List Eating and Drinking Guide 2013/2014 describe it as:
There’s a light Parisian motif to this eatery attached to the Festival Theatre (and associated with Nicholson Street’s Ten Hill Place Hotel)… Along with omelettes made to order, the cafe tips its beret to Paris with a quartet of ‘croque’ sandwiches: monsieur, madame, Norwegian and vegetarian. On a more Scottish note, the cafe can also be set apart for its pie of the day option. Golden puff pastry layers encase a chicken, mushroom and spinach filling that is chunky, creamy and seasoned with tarragon.
Though Café Lucia is mainly regarded as a theatre bar, the satisfying lunches show it can be much more than that.
The current menu is:
SOUP AND SANDWICHES
Soup of the day £3.75 (v)
– Seasonal soup served with crusty bread and butter
Lucia club sandwich £5.50
– On thick cut bread with back bacon, tomato, lettuce, sliced turkey and mayonnaise served with skin on chips, branston pickle and salad
Croque Monsieur – A Classic Parisien grilled sandwich literally translated as ‘crispy mister’ £4.50
– On thick cut bread with Emmental and hot sliced honey roasted ham served with salad
Croque Madame £4.95
– As above but topped with a poached egg and served with salad
Croque Vegetarian (v) £4.50
– Mushroom and stilton served with salad
Cafe Lucia salad £4.95
– mixed leaves & baby spinach, topped with roasted goats cheese and caramelised onion, with a balsamic reduction
Poached pear, caramelised walnut and stilton salad £4.95
– With French dressing and seasonal leaves
Goat’s cheese, baked fig, rocket & balsamic salad (v) (g) £4.95
A freshly made three-egg omelette £4.95
– With your choice of any two of the following fillings and a dressed salad garnish – extra fillings 60p
Hot smoked salmon
Honey roast ham
Sharing platter £5.75/ £8.75
– Sliced turkey, honey roasted ham, hot smoked salmon, Emmental, stilton, caramelised walnuts, Branston pickle, salad and grilled wholemeal toast
Baked potato with garlic butter £4.95
– With your choice of 2 of the following fillings: mature cheddar, bacon, turkey, branston pickle, smoked salmon, Emmental, goats cheese; served with salad.
Hot pie of the day £6.50
– Topped with a puff pastry lid and served with skin on chips and salad
Mature cheddar and onion tartlet £5.95
– With skin on chips and salad